ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester
The Mobile Tester Foundation course, created by Rex Black, President of RBCS, Inc. (RBCS), past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Chair of the ISTQB Agile Tester Working Group, and a reviewer of the ASTQB Mobile Tester Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on mobile projects.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Identify and mitigate the challenges that face a mobile application tester.
- Plan, design and implement appropriate test cases for mobile applications.
- Work with other team members to identify and assess risks and to implement a testing solution to help mitigate those risks.
- Identify the applicable quality characteristics for a mobile application and identify an appropriate testing approach to address those characteristics.
- Participate in tool analysis and selection to select the most appropriate tools for conducting mobile application testing.
- Identify areas for non-functional testing and prepare appropriate tests for those areas.
- Understand the differences between the various mobile application types and select appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to test those applications.
- Effectively employ simulators, emulators and the cloud for testing.
- Participate in planning for the future, including proper tool selection and building for maintainability.
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led two-day course
- A set of approximately 200 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the syllabus and glossary.
- A mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- Mobile Tester Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- A mock exam to assess readiness for the ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The exam is not administered at the course. The exam fee is not included with the tuition. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ASTQB Mobile Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course and take the exam. Exam vouchers for electronic exams can be issued for $150 to be used at a local Kryterion testing center.
The course covers the ASTQB Mobile Tester Syllabus 2015 and was accredited by the ASTQB in January 2016.
Blended e-learning (when available), licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
Download the Course Outline
View in RBCS Store
All dates offered for this course:
Contact RBCS for course dates or more information if interested in this course.